As I reflect on the one-year anniversary of Partners Community Health’s (PCH) acquisition of Camilla Care, I am reminded of the unwavering compassion, excellence, and creativity our teams, residents, families, and partners bring to this organization each and every day. It’s hard to believe that we started this journey together only one year ago, and over this time, we’ve been incredibly proud of the amazing things TeamPCH has achieved together.
I want to extend my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to each of you for your commitment to excellence and the high-quality care you provide to residents, families and each other. Every day, TeamPCH goes above and beyond to not only care for our residents, but enhance the health of our community and build a strong health care system.
Looking back on this past year, TeamPCH has achieved several significant milestones, including:
- Engaged in regular, open and transparent dialogue with Camilla’s staff, residents, and families through Camilla Staff and Resident and Family Townhalls, Resident Council, Family Council, and Resident Food Committee, receiving feedback on operations, implementation of corporate strategies and opportunities for improvement
- Successfully completed Ministry of Long-Term Care and Ministry of Labour inspections and added key positions to support expanded behavioural, clinical and social services offered at the home to meet the needs of our residents and support new residents as they move in
- Invested in additional resources to support high-quality and safe care to residents, including onboarding of new quality leads, social workers, an IPAC coordinator, and a nurse practitioner
- Celebrated the diversity of Camilla and our community through several notable events and activities, including our Caribana celebration last summer, our holiday events, Black History Month event in February and International Women’s Day event.
- Introduced 30 temporary interim beds to support flow in our healthcare system and help with hospital capacity, in partnership with Ontario Health Central and the Ministry of Long-Term Care
- Went live with a new virtual Long-Term Care consultation process to enable Camilla teams’ access to specialized services, virtually, helping reduce resident transfers to the hospital
- Introduced purposeful engagement and recognition opportunities for staff and residents through initiatives such as our Spot Awards which encourages staff and residents to recognize their peers for their extraordinary work, as well as our food truck series which took place from January to March 2023
- Became a member of the Mississauga Ontario Health Team, including sitting on its Collaboration Council as a long-term care representative
This list is only a sample of the incredible work and progress we have made over the past year.
I hope you all take a moment to reflect on the vital role you play in our journey. To celebrate this momentous milestone, earlier today (Thursday, April 6) I was honoured to participate in a resident celebration and welcome and greet our team in Camilla’s lobby.
I am incredibly proud to call all of you my colleagues and look forward to continuing to witness and support your contributions in the days and months ahead.
Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe long weekend,
Partners Community Health